Please know, that our Team here at Claessens Family Dentistry is following all CDC, O.S.H.A & Florida State Dental Board recommendations to responsibly resume seeing our patients for regular dental appointments and treatment.
We want to assure you of the measures we take to maintain a clean and safe environment so you can continue to receive needed dental care without concern.
Our team has had additional training to ensure our processes meet or exceed sanitation and sterilization standards of care, and we have elevated our infection control procedures in response to this time of global concern. Our office has always used the highest level of precautions to prevent the spread of infections, and we are continuing to engage in additional precautions to protect our patients and our team from the spread of COVID-19.
You may notice some changes when it is time for your next appointment. We made these changes to
help protect our patients and team.
- Medical Grade HEPA Air purification systems located in the reception area, front office
and every operatory. It removes 99.9% particles down to 0.1 microns
- Fogger with hypochlorous acid being used to disinfect office.
- Hygienist is using a device that is a continuous suction that significantly reduces the aerosols.
- Appointment times will be managed to allow for social distancing between patients.
- To also safeguard your health and the health of our Team, we are doing daily wellness
checks. Team members change into their uniforms on site and wear proper PPE
recommended by the CDC. All uniforms are laundered on site.
- Elevated disinfected standards including the thorough sterilization and disinfection of
treatment rooms and instruments between each patient.
- Preemptive screening – All patients and staff members will be screened and have
temperatures taken upon arrival. Patients will be asked to complete additional health
- Adherence to standard sterile healthcare environment protocols including hand hygiene, use of personal protective equipment (e.g. gloves, masks, face shields, eyewear), respiratory hygiene, sharps safety, safe injection practices (when applicable), sterile instruments and devices, and clean and disinfected environmental surfaces and
- Patients will be asked to wear a mask to their appointment if possible.
- You will see our reception area will no longer offer magazines, since these items are
difficult to clean and disinfect.
We understand your decision to visit us is personal one. Should you have any questions or concerns about your dental appointment, please do not hesitate to call us at (941) 423-1777. We are here to help.