Eric-John Claessens, D.D.S.
Dr. Claessens began his private practice in 1988 in the old decorating portion of his father’s paint store with his mother as his receptionist and assistant. Expanding his office in 1994 to what is now his current location, he has created a warm family-friendly atmosphere for both his patients and office staff.
Born and raised in Belgium, he came to the US in 1979 where he began his schooling. Dr. Claessens graduated from Marquette University Dental School in 1986. He is active in a variety of professional associations including:
- The American Dental Association
- Florida Dental Association
- American Academy of Sleep Medicine
- Venice Chapter of Seattle Study Club
- North Port Area Chamber of Commerce
- Liaison Committee for the Myakka State Forrest
- Board Member of Friends of Florida State Forrest
A hobbyist at heart, Dr. Claessens always finds the time to enjoy his many interests. An avid cyclist, he is President and founder of SCORR (Sarasota County Off Road Riders), belongs to the Florida Bicycling Association and bikes over 150 miles weekly. He sponsors & organizes local trail/road bike racing events annually. When not on his bicycle, Dr. Claessens enjoys boating, gourmet cooking, wood-working, boat building, and spending time with his 3 boys and wife of over twenty-five years, Melissa.